Here is a list of known updates at the time of this writing. The most reliable source of updates is to join the Killer Queen Black Discord server and check the #release-notes channel.
You can also check the Killer Queen Black Trello board or Roadmap for updates that may be coming out soon.
7/14/2020 (Betelgeuse 1.62) Update
Betelgeuse 1.62 Release Notes
- Enhanced Party Features
- Adding a second controller locally while in a remote party will now add that player to the party.
- Local play now allows you to add controllers/players everywhere, not just on the title screen.
- When in a Quick Play or a Ranked Match, players can now see who is in a party together.
- Players can now see the status of their friends’ parties and join from the Friend List.
- Players in a party can now receive invites to other parties.
- Added a Party Widget on the main menu to easily access party members, online friends, and privacy.
- Recently played shows the last 25 players you played against.
- Custom Match Enhancements
- Modified Custom Match UI to improve match setup experience.
- Players no longer have to be in a party to join a Custom Match.
- Players can now back out of Custom Match “Meet Thy Family” and return to the lobby.
- Inactivity timeout on Custom Match has been increased to 10 minutes.
- Custom Match now has multiple ways people can join:
- Create a code that allows any player to join.
- Set the Match Privacy settings to “Friends” to allow players to join straight from the friend list.
- Improved voice chat in Custom Match to allow players to separate out voice as follows:
- Match Chat: All players in a match can chat in both game and lobby.
- Team Chat: Chat is limited to teams during the game, but all players in the lobby.
- Parties now have multiple privacy settings enabling players to join together by:
- Invite Only: Players can only join your party via an invitation.
- Friends: Friends can join your party without an invitation.
- Friends of Friends: Friends of friends can join your party without an invitation.
- Gameplay Enhancements
- Added a new map: “The Nesting Flats”
- Changes to The Helix Temple
- Top gates have been moved further apart.
- Top berries take slightly longer to reach.
- The central berry pile is harder to deplete quickly.
- Added a new special win condition frame.
- Winning teams can now clap as well as dance in Post Match.
- Speed upgrade now affects vertical momentum for soldiers.
- Worker jump now has more variable upwards velocity based on button press length.
- Berry throws slightly more powerful.
- In-Game chat widget now separated by team side.
- New intro animations for players on the “Meet Thy Family” screen.
- New VFX added to gameplay.
- Various other UI and UX improvements including Friend List and Leader Board performance enhancements.
- Berry throw-ins are now calculated in the following ways:
- Count it as +1 berry for the worker who threw it in the hive, in the following situations:
- It does not touch anything before going in.
- It bounces off a wall and/or ceiling first, but no other player.
- It skids along the floor before falling into a berry hole without touching another player.
- It bounces off an enemy player first.
- It bounces off another berry bouncing around the hive.
- Count it as a +1 for the last player to touch the berry in the following situations:
- Berry was thrown by a worker and it hits their teammate before going into a hole.
- Any player (queen, soldier, or worker carrying a berry) touches a berry and it flies into a hole in the hive. Could be with their body or with their weapon (ie mace).
- A berry is pushed into a hole by another berry that was touched by a player.
- PC Only Updates
- A player name sanitizer has been added.
- Added Steam Achievements.
- The game will now auto-log you in if you are disconnected.
2/20/2020 (Hydra 1.61) Update
Hydra 1.61 Release Notes
- Fixes the issue where adding more than four Xbox controllers were not allowed
- Fixes a bug where Steam profiles were appearing on Switch
- Fixes a clipping issue on The Spire
- Fixes an issue where Steam usernames would go unfiltered on Switch
- Fixes an issue where a sacrificed worker could spawn in an incorrect location after the rider was killed
- Fixes an issue where soldiers could collide with the snail
- Fixes an issue where the penalty timer for disconnects during ranked play would not show up
- Fixes an issue where you could not back out of role select
- Fixes the issue where having many friends causes some not to show up
- Fixes an issue where uneven teams in Ranked still lose points
- Change the color of latency indicators to better match the severity of latency
- Fixes the issue where thrown berries into the enemy hive would count towards your berry stats
- Fixes the issue where a profile picture may appear all white
1/21/2020 (Hydra) Update
Hydra 1.6 Release Notes
- Eight player local support for PC and console
- Region selection now available on Switch
- Custom (online) and local matches can now be started by a single player
- Fill with bots added for local and custom matches
- Players can now shuffle teams automatically in local and custom matches
- Streamer mode: Choose which names to display in-game and in menus
- Map pools now skew towards more variety and fewer repeats
- Many bug fixes and UI improvements
11/22/2019 (Gemini) Update
Video Summary of New Friend System
Cross-platform party support
- LiquidID - Each player, regardless of platform, will now have a unique ID
- Friend invites/inbox
- Game and controller performance improvements [Switch]
- Remove idle timeout in local wireless
- Voice chat UI now enabled in custom match lobby
- Reduce AFK timeout 60s -> 30s
- Network connectivity and latency improvements
- Settles ties between queen assignment based on MMR (only in ranked)
- Various small bug fixes and UI improvements
- Added space between the start hive zones
- Moved two berry piles from the top to under the hives
- Moved center berry pile to the underside of the center platform
- Moved two berry piles from the top of the map to the bottom of the snail platform near the center gate
- Changed top gate to Morning Star/Sheild from Speed/Shield
- Changed bottom gates to Sword/Speed from Sword/Morning Star
- Random hive exits removed, now you only exit from the hive you entered unless it is full
Most of these updates are for switch, but in order for everybody to play on the same servers, PC updates are required.
Updates (read: Fixes):
- Controller configurations will persist on switch
- "Show Names" works on switch
- Local Wireless works w/o Nintendo Online subscription / Don't need to do that weird hack to make it work w/o Nintendo Online
- Switch now won't spam "ready up" sounds during character select
- Local Wireless will only show KQB rooms, not others
source @Adam Liquid Bit#4392 on Discord